Sunday, December 27, 2009

Julie/Julia redo?

I watched the Julie/Julia movie with my husband and he joked I should do that. My response was, "I am not about to tackle Julia Childs while I have 2 small children running around. I will save that for later." I shrugged it off at the time but it did get me thinking.

I do a lot of the social cooking in my family. I thought a cookbook of my recipes for those social events would be fun to put together. That brought up what recipes to put in it. I didn't want to put in my mac and cheese and sausage cheese balls. Those are too easy to find. I wanted to do something I had never done before.

So here's the deal. I am going to try one new dinner recipe each week for my husband and our kids. I will also try one new dessert for our weekly Sunday social. My family and I will let you know how they turn out and show some pictures of the final product. I figure if my super picky three year old and one year old like it most kids will. If the recipe is a winner I'll post it.

I love to cook so this should be fun. Hope you have some fun too.

Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment